First, start by sauteing the ingredients in a little butter, except for the egg and cheese. I use chopped fresh spinach, chopped roasted red pepper, onion, and pitted calamata olives.
While that is sauteing for just a minute or so, I beat up two eggs in a bowl. If you want them to be fluffier, you can add a little milk, but I leave that out.
Next, pour the egg into the skillet on top of the ingredients. The amazing thing I learned from the video is you want to keep the eggs "moving" ... I always thought you wanted it to sit there and cook to retain the shape. Instead, gently move the eggs around with a spatula, lifting here and there to allow the uncooked part to flow onto the skillet. Do this carefully, and gently "scrape" any uncooked part to the edges. The top will still look a little "shiny" but cooked when it is done.

At this point, sprinkle on about a tablespoon of crumbled feta cheese and salt & pepper if desired.
Now the part that was very different for me, but works fantastically: gently lift the edge of the omelet from the far side of the skillet, and carefully "roll" it with the spatula over and over and onto your plate! I always had trouble trying to "flip" an omelet over in "half"...this method eliminates that problem.
What are your favorite omelet ingredients?
4 comments:
Now that does sound very good, something I would like too, hugs and have a blessed weekend,
I think I would have to try this...My hubby loves omelets and is also trying to watch the carbs...spinach, olives, and roasted red peppers are new to me...I would normally add bell peppers, onions and tomatoes. I cannot wait to try this. Thanks so much sharing and have a bless weekend!!!
Hey Sweet Friend,
I'm not an egg eater =(
But Hubby will LOVE this easy omelet recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Oh, I posted about my fun birthday celebration, come by for a visit!
Love and ((HUGS))
I really like omelets - any KIND of omelet - and this one sounds delicious. Will try it soon!
Post a Comment