The Milkmaid by Jan Vermeer (c.1658-1650)
Five Aspects of Woman Series ~ post #4
Some years ago my husband and I sat in the kitchen of an elderly Jewish lady, a Holocaust survivor who we had become acquainted with after I had heard her speak about her facinating life story. As we sat around her table, she asked us point blank what we Christians meant when we spoke of being "born again". We shared with her what we have come to believe and know and have experienced in our own lives--that though we were born into a sinful and fallen world, and we ourselves had lived in rebellion against our Creator, that we have come to understand and believe that God has provided for us a way to be reconciled with Him. God did for us through Christ what we could not do for ourselves. He reconciled us to Himself by removing our sin and guilt. Through faith in the righteous work of Jesus Christ, we are no longer alienated from God, but instead we stand as holy and righteous before Him. We have been redeemed--bought with a price.
Being born again means I now have a new nature, and even though living in a fallen world is a struggle, my life now is filled with hope and and joy. It has meaning with an eternal perspective. When things are falling apart all around me, I know this is a temporary condition, and that God is saving His creation in the same order in which it fell: the hearts of Adam and Eve fell first, bringing decay and death into the world. God is redeeming the hearts of mankind and bringing spiritual health and life to those who believe, and someday will restore His physical creation as well, even our own bodies and the earth itself.
Positionally, I am a redeemed mistress of my own domain. Even though I am weak, I am strong because of the grace of Christ. I lean on Him constantly to continue to work in me and show me how I can better bring honor and glory to Him each day of my life. I haven't "arrived" but I am on a journey. I am in the process of being perfected.
As a redeemed mistress of my domain, I thrill to learn, own, and master those areas of my life that I instinctively know were Tailor-made for me. I feel good about myself when I focus on being a creative, productive person within my sphere of influence. Clothed in the righteousness of Christ, I can know I am approved by God, and I reflect His glory to others. I am free to live my life in the image of God by being fruitful, by ruling and by subduing in those areas that make up my personal domain, and where I will be accountable to Him.
My heart's desire is to be a faithful steward of my domain, and I long to hear the words of Christ: "Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!" (Matthew 25:23)
Are you a born-again, redeemed mistress of your domain?
Next ~ It is not good for the man to be alone
*All content of this series is based on what I learned from the study "Five Aspects of Woman" by Barbara Mouser, and taught by Helga Gross at the Hudson Community Chapel. While this summary is my own, the entire study was developed by Mrs. Mouser, and can be purchased through the International Council for Gender Studies website.
5 comments:
These posts are wonderful, Jacque! I always saw myself in the same way that you did, a helper to my husband, and the keeper of the household. I never saw the woman's role in the body of Christ as having any value.
When we would go to conferences, I always wanted the man (pastor) to pray for me. One time I went to a Holy Spirit conference where they didn't allow men and women to pray for each other. It was man to man, woman to woman. I think they did it that way to keep the prayer time free from sin and lust.
Anyway, so I was told to get out of the men's prayer line and go to the pastor's wife for prayer. I thought "Oh great, what am I going to get from her?" (Sassy, eh?) But guess what! She prophecied over me, and when she was done I was on the floor, seeing a vision from God like it was on the TV!
So God showed me that women are just as useful in the Kingdom as men. And yes, God does value and love the women every bit as much as the men! That was a HUGE lesson for me!
Debby, as I love to say, in all of God's creation, He wasn't done until He made the crown jewel, a woman! :) I'm so happy that was healing for you.
Thanks for reading...I'll be interested in your comments on the next section too!
Oh Jacque,
What a wonderful summary of our Highest privilege and calling!
To be "Born Again" by the Spirit of GOD through faith in Christ and the mercy and grace of His Cross.
We are so very blessed!
May our eyes continue to gaze at our Faithful, Almighty King JESUS; may His praise be continually on our lips.
You my friend, are a blessed servant and precious sister in Christ. Blessings always, Jess
thank you Jess...I shudder to think where or what I would be without that grace and mercy!
Dear Servant, oh how He has changed my heart as well! Thanks for those comments!
Post a Comment