![]() |
| Mother and Child Reading by Frederick Warren Freer |
Five Aspects of Woman Series ~ Post #8
The third aspect of woman which has been identified is that of Lifegiver. Lifegiving was intended by God to be a dominant theme in every woman's life, whether she is single or married, with or without children. It is a basic element of womanhood that can be expressed in various ways.
What is meant then by "lifegiving"? Lifegiving can be defined as raising life above mere existence to meaningful living. Women were created physically, emotionally, and spiritually with a unique capacity to do just that. After God pronounced the curse in Genesis 3, Adam named his wife Eve, which means "mother of all the living" and his spiritual eyes were opened to her destiny as he discerned her role and accepted and respected her in a new way.
Every woman can make the choice to be the lifegiver she was created to be. She has the capacity to partner with God and man to physically bring life and to nurture it with food, clothing, shelter and care. She also has the emotional capacity to give life by nuturing the soul and spirit through her words and actions in teaching, comforting, encouraging, admonishing, healing, and beautifying.
Wherever life exists, there is work to be done because all life needs enrichment and nuturing, whether socially, intellectually, artistically, spiritually, emotionally or any other way that raises life above mere existence. Who are the people in your lifegiving domain? Here are some I have identified in mine:
*sons and daughters-in-law
*grandchildren
*parents
*relatives
*friends
*friends of children
*children of friends
*neighbors
*strangers I help through serving various ministries
*All content of this series is based on what I learned from the study "Five Aspects of Woman" by Barbara Mouser, and taught by Helga Gross at the Hudson Community Chapel. While this summary is my own, the entire study was developed by Mrs. Mouser, and can be purchased through the International Council for Gender Studies website.

2 comments:
I'm glad you took such good notes! I especially like the ways you listed to nurture the soul and spirit: teaching, comforting, encouraging, admonishing, healing, and beautifying.
Hi Jacquelyn,
So glad you are back I have missed you and was about to come looking for you. I haven't been visiting all that much myself lately, cause things have been a lil busier than usual.
That was a lovely post about the life giver, and thank you so much for that precious compliment, it really touched my heart and made my day.
You are such a blessing!!
Hope all is well with you and yours.
You know after I posted about the certified letter, I got to thinking and told my hubby I wondered if perhaps they mixed up the letters and sent the certified letter to the wrong person. All I can say is whoever wrote that letter definitely does not have the gift of encouragement!! lol
You take care and thanks so much for coming by, it was great to hear from you.
Did you ever see my post in early March about the surprise company we had.....did you ever figure out it was your own Pastor Roland and Joan?? We had such an awesome time.
Blessings my friend,
Nellie
Post a Comment