Amy said she hadn't made home made cookies in years, and she was so excited!
I've never had much help in the kitchen, so it was fun for me too.


Oh my goodness, what a mess we made!

But looky here at the results!
I found these alphabet cookie cutters in a huge container along with two sizes of numbers at Hobby Lobby for $8.99. There are 50 cookie cutters in all.
Here are the recipes for the sugar cookies and the frosting. I've used these recipes for 30 years when making my Christmas cookies!
Grandma's Sugar Cookies
Cream together:
2 sticks butter (1 cup)
2 cups sugar
Beat in two medium eggs with mixer.
Sift together and add to the first mixture:
1 tsp. salt
4 tsp. baking powder
4 cups sifted flour
Blend into mixture 1 tsp. vanilla
Note: This recipe will make about 100 small to medium sized cut outs, or about 50 large cut outs.
Butter Cream Frosting
2 sticks butter, softened (1 cup)
8 cups powdered sugar
4 tsp. vanilla
milk
Cream together first three ingredients with beaters. Gradually add milk by the tablespoon to desired consistency. Note: this is a large recipe. It will frost about 100 small to medium sized cut outs, or about 50 large ones. The recipe can easily be cut in half.
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17
5 comments:
They look delicious!
oh that looks so fun! I wish I could taste one, they look so yummy.
It's beginning to make me feel like Christmas baking is just around the corner. What a fun time you shared!
Thanks all!
My family (me, 3 sisters, mom) had a little Christmas cookie "business" going for quite a few years. We sold boxes that had 103 cookies, and 13 varieties in them. We started baking and freezing in October. It was hard work but we always had to turn away orders and we always made more than enough money to cover Christmas expenses. Would you believe, one year we baked 56,000 cookies? Cut-outs was one of my "specialties" and I still love making them. Don't decorate them with a lot of fanfare, but they really are delicious. Thanks for commenting...yes, I'd like to get started soon on the baking!
Elaine, My almost 4 yr old granddaughter saw the alphabet cookie cutters so guess what we'll most likely be doing this week! They are studying one letter at a time in her preschool and I'm thinking it would be fun to send enough of that letter cookie in for the kids some day. They really are cute...about 3 inches in size.Thanks for the comment.
Post a Comment