Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Make an Advent Wreath...



Here is a simple (and a bit unconventional) Advent Wreath I made this week. I took less than 45 minutes to put together. I simply took a styrofoam wreath, carefully cut four holes for candles, and covered it with ribbon and a little greenery. I used Stick-Um candle adhesive to keep the candles in the holes, then tied little bows around the candles. It cost under $10 to make.

Instead of the purple and pink candles that are often used, I used dark red candles and plaid ribbon. I'm using this same ribbon throughout the house this year to get a simple and homey feel to the decorating.

We will light one candle each week of Advent, and then I will put white (or cream colored) pillar in the middle of the wreath on Christmas day.

Please share what you are doing with your decorating this year!

5 comments:

Rose said...

Jacquelyn,

How very cute that is. Clever idea! I like yours better than the conventional ones.

Blessings
Rose

Lois Christensen said...

A great idea!!! I need some of that sticky stuff for my candles!

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Thanks Rose--I'm really trying to "go simple" this year!

Jacquelyn Stager said...

Thanks Lois--I buy the "Stick-um" in Amish country...but I imagine you can find it at the craft stores as well. One of my pet peeves is candles that won't stand up straight! LOL

Kaye Swain said...

What fun Christmas and Advent ideas! My grandchildren and I love the Little People Nativity set as well. In fact, one of my grand-twins woke up early this morning and is sitting under the Christmas tree playing with ours as I type. :)