There's nothing special about this recipe, but I have had a lot of compliments when I make it. This is one of the easy dishes I sometimes make for our meals ministry. We had it the other night with corn on the cob and a tossed salad.
I take the bell peppers and slice them in half from top to bottom, and then cut the tops off and clean out the inside. Rinse and set aside while making mixture. All you need is ground beef, a couple eggs, seasoned bread crumbs, chopped onion, and a little milk. Mix in a bowl and add salt and pepper. Stuff the half peppers generously, lay them meat side up in a baking dish, and cover with a large can of crushed tomatoes. Then sprinkle with parmesean cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours. The last ten minutes of baking, take the foil off.
My mom makes her peppers totally different. She uses cooked rice, and browns her meat first. I like the rice but don't want the extra carbs. And cooking the meat first changes the texture. It's all in what you prefer. Both ways are good!
Here is a kitchen gadget that I can't do without. It came from Pampered Chef. It's a scraper that I use to clean off my countertop. It's wonderful and if you don't have one, you need to get one!
What's you favorite kitchen gadget?
1 comment:
I love stuffed green peppers! Thanks for sharing this recipe. :)
Post a Comment