Sunday, October 11, 2009

Easy Coffee Cake


This is one of the easiest cakes I've ever made and it is so yummy. I hope you will try it and let me know what you think. Don't you just love recipes where everything just gets mixed up in one bowl?

Easy Coffee Cake

2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Filling: 3/4 c. chopped nuts, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 Tbsp. sugar

Beat all the cake ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Pour 1/2 of the batter into an angel food or fluted pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray such as Pam. Sprinkle half of the filling on the batter. Pour the balance of the batter in, then the remaining filling on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes. Start in a cold oven.
When cool, sprinkle cake with powdered sugar or drizzle frosting on top if desired.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jacquelyn, see my Oct. 9 post. A paragraph gives the gist of it....It went well. People seemed to "track" with it. God knows the outcome.

I read your "Margins" post. Haven't heard of that gentleman, but SOMEWHERE I picked up the idea of "margins". I protect mine carefully and encourage others to do the same.

I will try the coffee cake when we get back from our week away. It looks SO yummy. Do you think it would work in a flat cake pan? I have never added an angel food or bundt pan to my collection. Can you believe it?!

Jacquelyn Stager said...

In all honesty Rebecca, I just bought my first bundt pan...a teflon coated one which works well. Before I had an old aluminum angel food pan and wasn't as inclined to use it. We had this cake last night when our small group was over. I used pecans and it was so good!

Anonymous said...

This looks so good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing! :)