Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chicken Marengo


We had this for supper tonight! This recipe came from my mother-in-law years ago. I make it in the pressure cooker. I suppose you could cook it slowly on the stove, or even in a crockpot, once you brown the chicken. It's real easy, and very tasty. Let me know if you try it!

Chicken Marengo

2-3 pounds boneless skiless chicken thighs
1 tsp. coarse black pepper
1 cup flour
1-3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 - 1 pound sliced mushrooms
large can crushed tomatoes
1 cup dry white wine (or any cooking wine)
1-2 Tbsp. oil

Place flour and pepper in a large ziplock bag or a paper bag and shake chicken pieces in the mixture. Heat oil in bottom of pressure cooker and add garlic. Saute for about a minute. Add floured chicken pieces and brown slightly on both sides. Add mushrooms, crushed tomatoes, and the wine. Stir gently and then close pressure cooker and put steam regulator in place. Heat on medium until regulator starts to rock, then cook for 10 minutes while rocking slowly. Remove pressure cooker from heat and let pressure drop slowly. When steam valve is fully closed, carefully open the lid. Serve over boiled noodles.

Do you have any favorite pressure cooker recipes?

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I wish I still ate chicken! I probably will get my taste back for it eventually. But this looks like it was tasty.

Rebecca said...

Do you think you could "translate" this to something outside the pressure cooker? I don't own one...but it sounds SO good!

Jess said...

Me too! How to cook without a pressure cooker?
Oh, and I LOVE this pretty background!
Talk soon...
((HUGS))